Temporary University Specialist
CRT Producing Assistant
The Producing Assistant is a temporary position, working as part of the Connecticut Repertory Theater (CRT) Management team to execute the CRT and Nutmeg Summer Series (NSS) seasons; supporting the producing roles at the theatre and with some overlap to the Department of Dramatic Arts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Producing Assistant coordinates the space usage for the Department of Dramatic Arts and Connecticut Repertory Theatre, including facility and work order control, providing access to spaces for undergraduate and graduate students, faculty and guest artists, control inventory of spaces for Dramatic Arts and CRT, coordinates the administrative portion of marketing activities for CRT, including ordering and distributing materials, completes administrative paperwork for hiring guest artists, maintains artists records, supports programmatic goals, performs administrative functions in process of hiring CRT guest artists, temporary and seasonal positions and student labor, assists in organizing and executing special programs and events, manages calendar for Managing Director/Executive Producer, arranges meetings, coordinates travel for Managing Director/Executive Producer, researches theatrical projects, arranges logistics for auditions for CRT and NSS seasons, and other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in theatre/performing arts or equivalent combination of education and years related experience that demonstrates knowledge of administrative methods and theatre/performing arts
- Demonstrated ability to independently provide significant program support
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and regularly exercise Judgement regarding a wide variety of administrative matters
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good writing and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in theatre or the performing arts
- Experience working professionally in theatre
- Experience working in a higher education institution
Salary is $17.00-$21.00/ hr., commensurate with experience. This is a 35 hours per week, temporary 6 month position with the possibility of extension dependent upon program needs and available funding. This position will be on the UConn Storrs campus.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to Nisha.Hardnett@uconn.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # HR18-26)
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is an EEO/AA employer.
All applicants must apply through the University’s employment application system, Husky Hire. The University of Connecticut is an EEO/AA employer.